Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The case for a “left-Kautskyan” approach

I’ll have some more releases coming later in the day, but I just read this article, which basically condenses the CPGB’s Mike McNair’s thoughts on revolutionary strategy into a short post.

In the 21st century in the developed world at least I’m a proponent of a retreat from the post-political identity politics of the left today into I suppose something more traditional.  The left has been reacting far too much, throwing support behind reactionary forces and betraying it’s principles left and right (no pun intended). Despite my respect for Trotsky and the Trotskyist tradition I think there is a lot to be learned from the lessons of the SPD.  Read the article and let me know what you think in the comment box.

You can stop listening to me and go back to leeching ebooks now :).

1 comment:

  1. Agree re: the SPD - interestingly Lars Lih's book on Lenin makes much of a continuity with the SPD, unfortunately the book was mostly just welcomed as a detoxifying of What is to be done? without thinking some of the implications of said continuity.

    Thanks for this archive by the way, it's invaluable - especially for those HM books whose prices seem to be set for Richard Branson.

    ReplyDelete