Sunday, March 28, 2010

Commonwealth by Hardt and Negri

Commonwealth, last and richest of the Empire trilogy, is a powerful and ambitious reappropriation of the whole tradition of political theory for the Left. Clarifying Foucault's ambiguous notion of biopower, deepening the authors' own proposal for the notion of multitude, it offers an exhilarating summa of the forms and possibilities of resistance today. It is a politically as well as an intellectually invigorating achievement.
--Fredric Jameson, Duke University

I approach this skeptically, but I’m due to reread the trilogy at some point.  I was introduced to Empire and Multitude by a few professors when I entered college a couple of years ago, but I was far more impressed by reading Marx, those from the Trotskyist tradition and the ‘humanist’ writing of the Praxis school and Marshall Berman.  That being said, I’m willing to give it another shot.  The series is too influential to be completely ignored.

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U105FFP9 (quality PDF, OCRed)

2 comments:

  1. thanks. Good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant site, Citoyen. I appreciat that you add your own para rather than just put the books up. I have a request: Marshall Berman's All That is Solid Melts into Air. Do you have it, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete